Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm Distressing!!

I was driving down the road the other day and saw a pile of junk by the side of the road. There was a free sign by it.  JACKPOT!! I turned that car around so fast it would have made your head spin! :) I found a little wooden shelf in need of some help. But hey, it was FREE!!





I brought it home and began painting. The poor thing had been badly spray painted a goldish metallic horror.  It was quite wobbly.  I didn't imagine that just a coat of paint would fix that so I actually took it all apart, painted it, and put it back together with wood glue and screws.  I painted it the same color as our trim, kinda creamy color. Then I did my first ever distressing job.  That is really fun!! There is nothing like getting something all painted and taking a big ole piece of sandpaper to it!  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! I was actually planning on selling it until I dressed it up for the picture and fell in love with the idea of having all my cookbooks on it! I have always had them on the counter in a basket but this is so much tidier!

No comments:

Post a Comment