Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shiny Helpful Hint

I have really come around to loving a clean home! When I was younger, I remember my mother trying to get me to pick up my room. She would ask "don't you feel better when your room is clean?" I would always answer "no!"  I was never a slob, but I was a typical teenager.  As I have grown older, I have begun to see the mess that before was hidden from my eyes.  It seems that once it is your own house you see the mess. When its someone else's house, you can walk by a mess and never see it. Now, I would never ever claim that I have a tidy house at all times.  I find many days that I have the house completely spotless and one act, like cooking dinner, can completely undo a whole days work. My husband also has so many items that he brings home with him that land on the kitchen table every night like his hat, name tag, and keys.  As you know, once items find a place to land they begin to multiply.  More and more items seem to be drawn to that spot and before you know it the whole house is in shambles again. My new philosophy: have one- three rooms that you can keep up with and forget the rest!

About two years ago we remodeled our bathroom. This is one of my "clean rooms".  Thank goodness (your thinking).

Before:
Yes I know you are loving the olive green counter top and the terrible green paint on the walls....
You may be wondering "why would you ruin such a masterpiece by remodeling???" haha this bathroom made you want to cry every time you walked into it!
 AFTER!!!
 Ahhh can you hear the angels singing? The best news was that we did this whole remodel with about $800....best $800 I have ever spent.


I was always cleaning that room because I wanted it to stay new FOREVER! I love that "new bathroom smell" :)  After only about three weeks, I noticed the brand new faucet was showing water spots.  It is a brushed nickel faucet that we splurged a little on.  I wanted it to look brand new still!! I tried Windex...didn't touch the spots. I tried cleaner....didn't help at all. It would always look great when it was wet and when it dried it would be spotty. I hate spots!! I finally found the spot cure...Baby Oil! You just get a paper towel or rag, douse it in oil, and wipe it down. You would think it would leave the surface oily but it doesn't! 

So for all of you out there with Christmas guests on their way, you don't have to fear any longer! They won't have to see your spotty faucet, and Christmas will be saved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment